Looking for an easy gingerbread cake recipe that will wow your friends and family? This is the best one I’ve tried – it’s so simple to make and tastes absolutely delicious! Trust me; this will become a new holiday tradition. Enjoy!
Easy gingerbread loaf
The holidays are the perfect time to enjoy gingerbread in all its forms, from gingerbread cookies to gingerbread houses. However, sometimes you want something simple, like a gingerbread cake. This easy gingerbread loaf is the perfect solution. Made with black treacle and ginger, it has all the traditional flavours of gingerbread without any of the hassles. Best of all, using a mixer can make it in just a few minutes. So if you’re looking for an easy way to get your gingerbread fix this holiday season, give this gingerbread cake a try. You won’t be disappointed.
Gluten-Free and Vegan Gingerbread cake
There’s nothing quite like gingerbread cake during the holidays. The rich, spiced flavour is the perfect complement to a cup of warm gingerbread cake. And while gingerbread cake is traditionally made with eggs and milk, it’s actually quite easy to make a vegan version that’s just as delicious.
To make a vegan gingerbread cake, substitute the eggs for a flaxseed meal and milk for almond or oat milk. The result is a moist, flavorful cake that will please vegans and non-vegans alike. So if you’re looking for a delicious gingerbread cake that’s both vegan and gluten-free, give this recipe a try. You won’t be disappointed.
Why you’ll love this recipe
It’s quick to put together and keeps for up to two weeks.
You only need 1 egg!
It’s really tasty and moist. Perfect with a cup of Yorkshire tea!
It tastes even better after a few days.
- 225 ml Milk
- 115 g Dark Brown Sugar
- 115 g Golden Syrup
- 115 g Black Treacle
- 115 g Butter (chopped)
- 225 g Plain Flour
- 1 Egg (Beaten)
- 1 tbsp Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1 tsp Mixed Spice
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
How to make gingerbread cake
- Wrap in baking paper or tin foil and keep in a baking tin. The cake will keep up to 3 weeks.
- Freezable for up to 3 months.
The Best Homemade Gingerbread Cake
- Preheat the oven to 150°c Fan/170°c. Grease and line the base of your loaf tin with baking paper.
- Add the sugar, milk, treacle and syrup to a saucepan on low heat until the sugar has dissolved. Keep aside.
- Add the flour, bicarbonate of soda, ginger, cinnamon and mixed spice to a bowl and mix together. Add the butter and rub in until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Make a well in the middle and add the liquid and egg. Mix with a whisk until thoroughly combined. It may start to bubble because of the bicarb, but that's normal. Pour the mixture into the loaf tin and bake in the oven for 55 – 60 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin, then remove and wrap in fresh baking paper and foil.