This easy banana bread with chocolate chips is a delightful treat that satisfies your sweet tooth while incorporating the goodness of ripe bananas. This scrumptious bread is perfect for breakfast, a snack, or even dessert, and it’s simple enough for anyone to make, even those with little baking experience.
Easy moist banana cake
One of the best things about this bread is its versatility. You can use overripe bananas that might otherwise go to waste, and you can customize the recipe by adding your favourite types of chocolate chips or even other mix-ins. Not to mention, it’s a great way to fill your home with a lovely aroma!
Ingredients for banana loaf
- 140 g Margarine (or softened butter)
- 140 g Granulated Sugar (or caster)
- 2 Eggs (beaten)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 140 g Self-Raising Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 3 Ripe Bananas (Peeled and mashed)
- 100 g Chocolate Chips
These ingredients are easily accessible and will help you create moist and delicious banana bread with chocolate chips. The overripe bananas contribute natural sweetness, making it a perfect choice for using up ripe bananas you might have on hand. Additionally, you can customise this recipe to your preferences.
For example, you can use a mix of dark and milk chocolate chips or even add nuts, dried fruits or other tasty ingredients to give your banana bread extra flavour and texture.
How to make the best banana bread with choc chips
Enjoy this quick and easy banana bread with chocolate chips in various ways to suit your taste. Here are some delicious serving ideas:
- Serve it warm – Gently warm a slice of the banana bread in the microwave for a few seconds or in an oven at a low temperature until slightly warm. The heat will release the flavours of the chocolate chips and bananas, making it even more delicious.
- Add a spread – Try spreading some butter, peanut butter, or Nutella on your banana bread to make it even more scrumptious.
- Pair it with ice cream – For a more indulgent dessert, serve a slice of banana bread alongside a scoop of vanilla, chocolate, or any other complementary flavoured ice cream.
- Top it with whipped cream or yoghurt – Add a dollop of whipped cream or a spoonful of Greek yoghurt on top of your banana bread for extra creaminess and contrast.
Feel free to get creative and mix and match these serving ideas or experiment with your own! Quick and easy banana bread with chocolate chips is versatile and can be enjoyed in numerous ways. Remember, it’s all about personal preference, so tailor your servings to suit your taste buds.
This loaf will keep in an airtight container for up to five days.
Quick And Easy Banana Bread With Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 180℃/160℃fan/Gas 4/350℉. Grease and fully line a 900g or 2lb loaf tin with baking paper.
- Beat the sugar and butter together using an electric whisk until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add the eggs and vanilla extract ( a little at a time). Fold in the flour, baking powder, mashed bananas and half of the choc chips. Mix until everything is combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and scatter the rest of the chocolate chips on top of the mixture. Bake for 50 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Leave in the tin for 10 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to completely cool.