These little a mincemeat bun cakes are perfect for the holiday season. Despite their name, these buns do not actually contain any meat. Instead, they are made with a sweet and spicy mixture of dried fruits and spices.
Table of contents
Mincemeat buns are a beloved Christmas tradition in many parts of the world. These sweet and spicy treats are a perfect way to add some festive cheer to your holiday menu. Whether you enjoy them for breakfast, an afternoon snack, or a dessert, mincemeat buns are sure to delight your taste buds with their rich flavour and comforting aroma. If you love mincemeat try my Mincemeat Crumble Slices, they taste better than mince pie!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Perfect for the holiday season: Mincemeat buns are a classic holiday treat that are sure to impress your friends and family.
- Sweet and spicy: The combination of dried fruit and spices in the mincemeat filling creates a deliciously complex flavour profile.
- Versatile: Mincemeat buns can be enjoyed as a breakfast pastry, a snack, or even as a dessert.
- Easy to make: This recipe is simple and straightforward, making it a great choice for both experienced bakers and beginners.
- Can be customized: You can easily adjust the recipe to suit your tastes, whether you prefer a sweeter or spicier filling.
- Use good quality mincemeat: The quality of your mincemeat will have a big impact on the flavour of your buns, so be sure to choose a high-quality brand or make your own.
- Don’t overfill your buns: Be careful not to overfill your buns with mincemeat, as this can cause them to burst open during baking..
- Serve warm: They are best served warm, so be sure to enjoy them fresh out of the oven or reheat them in the microwave or oven before serving.
- Get creative with toppings: If you’re feeling adventurous, try topping your mincemeat buns with a drizzle of icing, a sprinkle of powdered sugar, or even a dollop of whipped cream for a festive touch.
- 375 g Mincemeat
- 250 g Currants
- 2 Eggs
- 150 g Caster Sugar
- 150 g Baking Spread (or Butter)
- 250 g Self-Raising Flour
How to make mincemeat buns
Preheat the oven to 160℃/140℃fan/Gas 3. Place the bun cases in the tins.
Combine all the ingredients in one large bowl and bet well for 2 minutes.
Divide the mixture among the paper cases evenly.
Bake for 30 minutes until golden and springy to touch. Transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool.
These will keep for up to a week in an air tight container and stored in a cool place.
Easy Mincemeat Buns (Mary Berry)
- Preheat the oven to 160℃/140℃fan/Gas 3. Place the bun cases in the tins.375 g Mincemeat, 250 g Currants, 2 Eggs, 150 g Caster Sugar, 150 g Baking Spread, 250 g Self-Raising Flour
- Combine all the ingredients in one large bowl and bet well for 2 minutes.
- Divide the mixture among the paper cases evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes until golden and springy to touch. Transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool.