Do you love a good soup during the winter? This vegan cream of tomato and red pepper soup is perfect for those cold days. It’s hearty, flavorful, and easy to make. Plus, it’s vegan and dairy-free, so everyone can enjoy it with a piece of fresh crusty bread!
Ingredients For Vegan Cream Of Tomato And Pepper Soup
I’m excited to share this vegan cream of tomato and pepper soup recipe with you all! Not only is it easy to make, but it’s also incredibly delicious. Plus, the ingredients are simple and affordable. So, whether you’re a vegan or vegetarian or just looking for a tasty new soup recipe, this one is definitely worth trying! Thanks for reading. 🙂
You will need:
- Coconut Oil
- Rapeseed Oil
- Chopped Onions
- Fresh Peeled Tomatoes
- Veggie Stock
- Chilli Powder
- Basil Pesto
- Coconut Milk
- Black Pepper
- Tomato Puree
How To Prepare Fresh Tomatoes For Soup
Everyone seems to love a good bowl of tomato soup. It’s the perfect comfort food on a cold day, and it’s easily customizable to fit any dietary need or preference. The only problem with tomato soup is that sometimes the canned stuff can be a little bland. But never fear – fresh tomatoes are easy to prepare and can add tons of flavour to your soup. Follow these simple steps, and you’ll have delicious homemade tomato soup in no time!
To prepare your fresh tomatoes for the soup from scratch, place them in a pan of boiling water for a few minutes until the skins begin to soften and are easy to peel off. They are now ready to be blitzed in your food processor. Easy!
What Equipment Do I Need To Make Soup
Making soup from scratch is easier than you think and only requires a few pieces of basic kitchen equipment. So if you’re looking to save money by cooking at home or are vegan or vegetarian and want to make your own soup, read on for the essentials. With these tools in your arsenal, you’ll be able to make any kind of soup imaginable!
Easy Vegan Cream Of Tomato And Red Pepper Soup
- 12 lrg Fresh Tomatoes
- 4 lrg Red Peppers
- 5 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tbsp Rapeseed Oil
- 1 lrg Onion
- 2 Veggie or Vegan Stock Cubes
- ½ tsp Chilli Powder
- 3 tbsp Basil Vegan Pesto
- 400 ml Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Rosemary
- 1 tbsp Tomato Puree
- Place the tomatoes in a pan of boiling water a few minutes until the skin becomes soft and easy to peel. Remove the skins with a knife. Chop them up or blitz in a food processor.
- Melt the oils in a cooking pot and fry the onions. Add the tomato puree, stock cubes and a little water. Mix together.
- Add the peeled tomatoes to the pot. Add the black pepper and chilli.
- Add the chopped red peppers then add the tin of coconut milk. Mix together then add the pesto and garlic, bring to the boil and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Blitz with a hand held blender then serve .